Unclaimed Property Owner Search

The State continuously receives new financial property, so you should check the unclaimed property database every year.

Search Now

You may search by last name or town. Enter the last name of the person whose property you are searching for in the box below. To search for property by Vermont town, enter the name of the town in the designated box below. If there is a match for what you enter into the search, the records will be displayed after you click on the "Search" button.

To protect the privacy of the unclaimed property owners, the amount of the property will not be reported on this site. To learn the dollar amount of the property, you may call the Unclaimed Property Division at 1-800-642-3191 (toll-free only in Vermont) or 802-828-2407.



Last Name



Last Name Search
Town Search


Unclaimed property listings with an asterisk (*) are less than $200.  Please note that property less than $10 and $1 are identified by a note to the left of the name listed below.

Print View         please print a claim form
OID   Name Address City State Zip
Top of Page
0 Records in 0 seconds

Get Your Claim Form

If you find property that belongs to you, please print a claim form. You must include the OID (owner number) that is listed with the property you are claiming. It is the number that is under the heading OID in the unclaimed property search function above.


If you are unable to print a claim form using the link above, you may request that a form be sent to you by clicking on the OID number of the property listed. An electronic form will appear on screen and allow you to enter your name and current mailing address. A form will then be mailed to you.


To claim property you must mail a claim form to:

Vermont Unclaimed Property Division
State Treasurer's Office
109 State Street
Montpelier, Vermont 05609-6200


Express Claims

An express claim allows you to receive your money more quickly. It may only be used when claiming property valued at $200 or less. To file an express claim:

1. You must be the original owner.
2. The amount must be $200 or less.
3. You must complete and return a claim form.
4. If you still live at the address listed on the web-site, sign the claim form in the presence of a notary and send it in. OR If you prefer not to use a notary, include a copy of your current photo ID with the completed,signed claim form and mail both to us.

- OR -

If you no longer live at the address listed on the web-site, provide evidence you once lived at that address, a copy of your current photo ID and a signed claim form (no notary needed) and mail to us. OR If you prefer, sign the form in front of a notary(no ID needed), provide proof you once lived at that address and mail all to the Unclaimed Property Division.

  •     Examples of former address include, but are not limited to: copy of an old ID, utility bill, tax form, bank statement.
  •     If you no longer have any evidence, include a statement to that effect and indicate what years you resided at the address/addresses that are listed.

  • Under Vermont law it is illegal to make a false claim to a State agency in the manner proscribed by 13 V.S.A § 3016 (a).